Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fashionably Late!

Arrrggh...I'm late in wishing you all a splendid New Year.  I feel so bad about that!  I did manage to post this pic on facebook as it seemed so appropriate.  Living on the islands in SC, this pic seemed just perfect and I love the whole idea of the water washing away the past and starting fresh and clean.  2011 was a good year for me, good for us as a family, but it was just really packed with a LOT going on, ups and downs.  I know that's completely normal, but I have to admit that we basically ended on a few really big downs.  Bummer, I know all too well!   


I won't bore you all to tears with the details of our downers, but I will share with you that I've personally learned a very valuable lesson regarding my health:  NOT to take it for granted...
E-V-E-R!!!!!
With the exception of giving natural childbirth, I can honestly say that I've never been in so much physical pain than after I had my back surgery.  Thank the Lord, I really am feeling better and stronger every day, but it has been really, really rough and I hit a few lows that I hadn't planned on staring in the face...it was like:  
SUPRPRISE! 
but in a cruddy way. 
So what is the upside you're wondering (believe me I was too for several days, more like a few weeks).  I learned that I indeed need to slow down and re-prioritize what I'm doing with my life and my time.  Something major, I mean major, has been missing for a few years now, probably longer in truth.  I never take time to take care of myself.  How awful is that???  I know us women do it all too often.  It's like I knew it, but I didn't realize to what extent  I wasn't tending to my own needs, big things and the little things.  That's not exactly the example I want to set for my girls, either.  Or what I had ever planned on doing or being like.  Ya know, like recently when I caught a peek of myself in the mirror, I caught myself wondering "who is that girl?" I wanted to say "excuse me, do I know you from somewhere?  You look vaguely familiar."   Ironically, it seems I get caught up in all my loves, but not myself at all.  Oh my gosh, I'm rambling.  You get it though, right?  It happens all too often and I need to put a stop to it and listen to my body and take better care of myself on all fronts. I know I'll feel so much better.  It all goes hand in hand. 

All that mumbo jumbo being said, this down time has an upside and has enabled me to wrap my head around my 2012 Spring line...I'm so excited for it all, I must admit.  I just know it's really going to be FAB!  I'm so addicted to fabric, as you know, and I have to say that I really love what I've come up with so far.  If only I could get ahead of schedule, oh! if only I could get that part of all of this figured out,  I know I'd be beyond thrilled!!!  I've had the bulk of my fabrics since October and it's like when I have mad money burning a hole in my pocket.  I just can hardly wait to get to it and whip up some super cute pieces...even if I'm behind schedule and my fashions are a bit late. I think you'll love them just as much as I already do!  I have to say they look great on paper and in my head!!  Gotta start somewhere, right?
So to "wrap" up this late Holiday post, I hope you're good with me being a bit late in wishing you all a Blessed and Happy 2012! 
xxxx's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabulous Sites!

Copyright Fabulous Girl Boutique - All Rights Reserved | Boutique Blog Design: Bloom Web Studio