Saturday, November 26, 2011

Merriment is on it's way!

Okay, so Merriment of the Season is really underway around here.  Our lovely neighbors, Jen and Scott, have really just out done themselves and put the pressure on-lol.  Their porch and front door look so festive, warm, and welcoming.  Lauren, my oldest daughter, announced just a bit ago on Facebook that she has their tree up and decorated!  To top it off, another neighbor just drove past our house sporting a freshly cut, real tree! Oh, the pressure...
I know I shouldn't fret as I have yet to miss a Christmas done up in style and to the hilt, but this year just seems so packed and busy already.  I used to go crazy with it all, but now have reeled myself in quite a lot so as not to drive myself mad.  Do you know what I mean?  I'm the kind of girl that can get really wrapped up in the details (and bogged down by them, too).  That just isn't always a fun and festive way to feel, right?  I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I've come to the conclusion that I don't really, really have to knock myself out to some crazy extent.  Maybe becoming a bit older and a lot wiser really is a good thing.  Check this:  I actually declined baking homemade pies for the teachers this year for Thanksgiving!!!  It about killed me to say no, but my plate was just too full this year and I decidecd to be very mature and responsible and do the right thing.  And for me and my family, the right thing to do was not bake this year for that occasion.  The teachers are wonderful and much appreciated, but I said no and it actually felt good...in the end bringing myself and my own family more merriment!  Make sense?  Oh, I'm just such a big girl now :)
Yes, indeed, Merriment is on it's way in so many forms. Lots of prep going on here and our ornaments will soon be out and we'll be decking these halls in no time!
Stay tuned as I'll be posting very soon a fun and festive giveaway that you won't want to miss.  Just think...a little "Fabulous Merriment" of your very own could soon be yours, so get ready to round up your gal pals and be prepared for a little contest !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabulous Sites!

Copyright Fabulous Girl Boutique - All Rights Reserved | Boutique Blog Design: Bloom Web Studio