Friday, September 16, 2011

A Pocket Full of Pretties!

I thought I'd share with you today my pocket full of pretties...  Beautiful things that I'm blessed to be surrounded by every day that I never want to take for granted.
We'll start off with this gorgeous flower.  I picked up this bouquet on the cheap at the grocery store.  These babies lasted for over 3 weeks!  Now that was $5 well spent.  I believe money is never wasted on fresh flowers.  They bring such joy and cheer, always.
Oh, here are some pockets on some of my pretties.  I opened up my kitchen closet to don an apron  and found myself wondering just how long it had been since I'd laundered them...according to all the spots on them, it's been a while, yikes!  So, I decided to throw them all in the wash and Voila!  I now have a cute mess that's needs just a little help from my iron.  Aren't they cute?   I wear them a lot.  Would you all like for me to do another Holiday Apron Giveaway?  That was fun last year. 
Here's a pic of the one that Miss Stephanie won last year:
"Instant Cute" is what I call my fashion forward aprons.  They really are fun to wear!  It's like you suddenly feel even cuter than you already are and the next thing you know, you've totally got it goin' on in the kitchen and you know it because you look so darn extra cute!  It's true, you should try one out.  Maybe try one on the next time you see me at a show or if you come over to do a little shopping. 
And here are some of my other little pretties...pretty curly sue's, that is.  Our amusement with sponge curlers is never ending, I swear.  Anyone love sponge curlers as much as us?  I fondly remember my mama rolling my baby fine, pin straight hair on pink ones. That's the only color they came in when I was little, but now we have a package deal that has three different sizes and are pink, blue, yellow, and green...a real rainbow to choose from :).  Yes, instant bliss when we can "trick" our hair into being curly!  With the exception of my Charlotte, all of us girls suffer terribly from what we call "curl envy"  It's a serious thing! 

Don't those curls just make you want to pull one nearly straight and then let go only to say "Boing!"?  I'm easily amused, what can I say?  My curl obsession started with my baby cousin, Dawn.  Ah, now there is true love.  Long story, tell you more later, but for now let's just say I was completely enamored with her and her glorious curls--in love!  I think I thought I was her mother hen.  Just ask her, she'll vouch for me on this :)
Here's a pretty little something that I made for my Liliana.  It's her nap mat cover for nursery school.  I used some of my fabric scraps.  It was too long to show you the full length of it and the pattern, but I was happy with how it turned out.  This little project has me thinking about doing this patchwork look for I & C's bedroom.  Hmmm...I'll have to give that some thought.  I don't see that project getting tackled until after the Holidays...more to come on that note.
Now that my pocket is about to really runneth over, I'll share with you my first born (she's so proud of her birth order, cracks me up, she's takes it very seriously-ha!) pretty, Lauren.  Here we are celebrating her 22nd birthday with a homemade cake (yeah, right out of the Betty Crocker box) all aflame with many candles. I thought I was just so funny to actually put 22 candles on there.  Turns out the funniest part of the whole thing was my amusement with myself!  Lauren found it only slightly funny, but it just cracked me up.  That's getting to be a lot of flames, honey! 
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAUREN!
oh, such a full pocket of pretties...more birthdays, celebrations, and sneak peeks at pretties to come though.

2 comments:

  1. Love the post! :)Gotta get me one of your aprons for the holidays this year...Wanna do lunch soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, lunch sounds good! Warning: my aprons really are fun to wear :)

    ReplyDelete

Fabulous Sites!

Copyright Fabulous Girl Boutique - All Rights Reserved | Boutique Blog Design: Bloom Web Studio