Monday, August 15, 2011

I O U

Yep, something has been on my mind.  A lot has been on my mind, acutally, but one thing in particular...the yummy salad recipe waaaay back from Easter!  Can you believe I've been so sidetracked?  Ridiculous, I say! 
Doesn't it look so good?  It really is so yummy, the flavor combos are delicious.  However, I have to give a shout out to my girlfriend, Kate, this is her recipe that she was so nice to share with me.
Here ya go:  Spinach Salad by Kate Wallace
3/4 C sugar
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
3/4 C olive oil
1 tsp minced onion
1/2 C vinegar
3 Tbs poppy seed
3 Tbs sesame seeds, toasted
1 lb fresh spinach leaves
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
4 medium bananas, sliced
1 C chopped walnuts, toasted

Process sugar, paprika, dry mustard, worchestershire sauce, olive oil, onion, vinegar, poppy & sesame seeds until thick.  Layer spinach, strawberries, bananas,walnuts on a large platter.  Drizzle dressing onto each layer as you build the salad.

Now brace yourself...I'm telling you this is so good.  The toasted walnuts and sesame seeds just really pull this recipe together with the sweet of the dressing and fruit.  It's the perfect balance!

I wish I had a handy pic of Kate to share with you. She is a dear!! She's always so supportive and thoughtful.  Ya know, her and her family recently moved up to Charleston (we really miss her down here in Beaufort!) and her and her husband came down for the evening to be at my daughter's wedding.  They have three little ones to juggle, it's an 1 1/2 drive just one way, too.  Isn't that so sweet of them.  Ed, her hubby is a sweetheart, too.  He was so cute, getting everyone a drink to get the party started...so Ed of him!

  Anyhoo, I should have some cute pics from the wedding  to share with you soon.  This summer has been the biggest whirlwind for me yet...and let me tell you, that is REALLY saying something!  Besides just a great recipe, I O U a lot of catching up, too.

I'm hoping for no typo's, but I'm on the fly this morning.  My girls are officially back in school (my Charlotte went off to the big K~pics of that coming soon) and I have so much catching up to do.  In the meantime, thanks for stopping by and EnJOY your prettty salad!
Just a quick pic here of a my girls  enjoying our swing and porch on a hot summer day :)

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you something!  I've set a new blogging goal for myself this week:  blog a minimum of 5 times to help me get you caught up to date on our whirlwind summer.  Much to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabulous Sites!

Copyright Fabulous Girl Boutique - All Rights Reserved | Boutique Blog Design: Bloom Web Studio