Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Promise Delivered and Good Luck Needed!

Okay, so I promised you gals a little sneak peek and here it is: an unfinished sundress, a few skirts, and a bit of fabric that is used throughout my Srping 2011 Collection.  Oh, the name....Flock Together. 
 This Spring collection is a follow-up line to my Birds of a Feather Collection that debuted last Fall.  All of these pieces are great for layering (or not), mixing, and matching. 

 I think you'll find this line to be full of FABULOUSLY Fun pieces to skip around in! 
Oh, yes, excuse the messy studio!  This is what it really looks like in the midst of my creativity and getting all of this together and done.  A clean up is on the way, but not for a few weeks yet.  The photoshoot for Spring is just around the corner and I have TONS to sew and do before that can even happen.


 Oh! and this package????  Well, let me tell you about this! This little (actually medium sized box) had my nerves all jittery yesterday.  Why you ask?  With great reason, so I think.  I've recently discovered a photographer by the name of Kate Moss.  She's based in Utah and well known in the photography & boutique fashion worlds.  You might know her by her business name: Peekaboo Photograhpy.  She does what I will deem truly fabulous work.  Take a peek at her blog!  But I'm warning you...you must brace yourself because you're about to fall in love, I promise.  Anyhoo, I sent her a little email, feeling very sheepish of course, and inquired if she'd be interested in possibly photographing a few of my pieces.  Honestly, I didn't expect to hear back from her.  She is one busy gal, you know, with a lot of work and in high demand.  Well low and behold...she emailed me back:   "Just looked at your outfits and they are adorable!"  I  nearly fell out of my chair!!  for real.  I haven't really shown my work to many others outside my immediate circle (short of doing a couple of shows down in Savannah). 

 Believe me, I am so thrilled that she likes my goods and is looking forward to shooting them!!  So, all of that leads me up to this box.  It was packed full of Fabulous Goodies and shipped out to Kate to be photographed--yippee! I found that when it was actually time to ship it I was really nervous.  Is that silly of me?  I'm talking butterflies in my stomach!  What's up with that?  It's like I was so excited and nervous at the same time.  Believe me, I haven't had that feeling in a long, long time.  I didn't realize before that moment that it had been so long since I'd felt that. I do think it was a good thing, though.  What do you think it means?  Really somebody tell me, please.  A bit of success for me perhaps as I'm trying so hard to spread the word about my little business?  Or maybe just nervous for my pieces to be seen on the other side of our country?  who knows, right? 

  She should have the package by the end of this week.  I can hardly wait for her to get it so I can find out what she really thinks once she sees and feels my pieces in person--I'm so excited.  Wish me luck!!!
What a fantastic way to kick off 2011 for Finds!
Wishing you all a happy, healthy, and FABULOUS New Year!

3 comments:

  1. OMG Rachel!! I am SO HAPPY for you!!! I can not wait to see the pics Kate takes!!! Keep us posted!!!!

    Xo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous fabrics also!! Can't wait to see your entire spring line!!

    -Baby's Breath Handmade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you back! Thanks for stopping by My Little Blogspot, good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Fabulous Sites!

Copyright Fabulous Girl Boutique - All Rights Reserved | Boutique Blog Design: Bloom Web Studio