Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Looking Back and Gearing Up!


Here is my Mr. Loomis.  Yes, it's true this show, being Finds!  would not go on without him and his support...Ahhhh.

Here I am posing for a quick snap shot as we just finished setting up the night before the show.
So I'm just looking back through some pics from last year.  Wow!  It makes me feel so much  better because I can see how far we've come. Some times (acutally often) I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.  I know we all have those days, but it seems I have sooo many at certain times. It  kind of comes and goes in waves.  Anyway, check out those displays and racks-ha!  You've gotta start somewhere, right? These pictures are from my very first "big" show, which was down in Savannah for an early Spring art show. Not bad for my first crack at this show business.  Finds! was well received and I met lots and lots of great gals!  I now have much, much nicer clothing racks and displays.  The only problem is they are so big--didn't think that would be the an issue.  Just a little one actually.  We are always   messing around with the displays.  Now that I'm thinking about it, every single show that I've done we've set up the displays differently.  I wish I could say we have it all figured out, but I don't think we do just yet.  It is definitely a learning process and TONS of work!  Yes, TONS to do even one show.  I'm not even talking about all the sewing that goes into the inventory, but just figuring out the logistics and making it all work with the girls' schedule and all.  There just so much to think about.  I won't bore you with the list.  I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about as far as trying to juggle everything, make sure everyone is taken care of, and happy. Yes, HAPPY, that's very important around here!  I'm happy to report that so far it has worked out just fine-n-dandy for us.  Going to a big show is always full of excitement and anticipation~big fun. 

Oh, I LOVE and miss that apron. I should have kept one of those for me!

So a few weeks ago I was very busy filling out applications for strictly juried art shows for Finds! to participate in.  I'd like to get into them all, but there are a few that I really have my fingers crossed for...wish me luck!  Needless to say, I'm definitely gearing up for a busy and happy Spring/Summer for Finds!  I can hardly wait to show and share "Flock Together", the Spring 2011, line with you all.  I think it is simply 
D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Terri~so HAPPY, HAPPY that you're reading my little blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Fabulous Sites!

Copyright Fabulous Girl Boutique - All Rights Reserved | Boutique Blog Design: Bloom Web Studio